Thank you everyone who came to my full-day workshop on ASP.NET MVC! Here is the link to the updated PowerPoint slides:
Here are the links to the sample applications discussed during the workshop. All of the sample applications were built against the CodePlex release of ASP.NET MVC (build 0416) at www.CodePlex.com/aspnet.
- Custom Routes Demo — Demonstrates how to create different types of custom routes. Demonstrates Catch-All routes, httpMethod constraints, and the RouteExistingFiles property.
- Controller Demo — Demonstrates RenderView(), NonActionAttribute, RedirectToAction(), Redirect(), and HandleUnknownAction.
- Views Demo — Demonstrates how to create script views, control views, untyped views, typed views, partial views with user controls, partial views with components, and use the BinderHelperExtensions class when binding view data.
- Action Filter Demos — Demonstrates how to create a Logging ActionFilter and an HttpMethod ActionFilter.
- MVC AJAX Demos — Demonstrates how to use AJAX to call a controller action and how to call a web service using AJAX in an ASP.NET MVC application.
- TempData Demo — Demonstrates how to use TempData to store validation error messages.
- TDD Tests Demo — Demonstrates how to test a controller action using MS Test unit tests.